Friday, December 29, 2006

Being thankful....

Ok, so it is not Thanksgiving, but I'd like to list the people and things I am most thankful for in 2006...

  • Hava - my best friend, lover, and wife...enough said.
  • Our families - thank you for all of your support and help with everything, especially the wedding. You made our wedding very special and we'll never forget it.
  • Thon - by my late 20's, I thought I had found already found all of my close friends. I didn't think I had room for anyone else, let alone be lucky enough to find one. Thon proved me wrong. I am thankful to him for coming into my life and for being a confidante, running partner, and last but not least, a friend that I can fully trust and rely on. He is also welcome to show up at our house unexpectedly any time he wants, as long as he brings an alcoholic beverage to share.
  • Richard - I can virtually ditto what I said about Thon, and in addition Richard and his wife Stephanie are such a wonderful couple to all of us. Even with Richard being sick, they met up with us at Mi Madre's every Saturday after our long run..and also came to Dallas to support us when we ran our marathon. They are truly selfless people, and I am thankful for having them in my life. Richard will be running for the first time in many months on January 1st...I can't wait until he can join us again on our runs!
  • Carrie - she and I go back a few years, and I am thankful for her unwavering friendship and support..along with her ability to put her mind in the gutter as much, or more, than I do. I can always rely on her to laugh at my raunchy jokes even if no one else does. Carrie, aren't you glad we decided to join Gazelle's together? I can't imagine if we didn't!! Oh, and thanks for being my Running Wife, even if you put out for Shawn instead of your Running Hubby. I don't blame you though, he is a great catch.
  • Amy - she makes our runs more entertaining than they would be without her. She is spunky, sweet, and an incredible runner! We don't do a too much together outside of running, but she still manages to add to my life, and I am thankful to her for that.
  • Gilbert - my coach...he is one of the most decent and nicest people that I know. Even when I am not running with Gazelles, I am always proud and thankful to be able to call myself one. Thanks Gilbert, for everything!
  • All of the Gazelles (even the ones I don't know) - Alex, Frank, Erine, Venus, etc. etc. etc....thanks for keeping the Gazelle spirit alive and for making the organization such an elite one to be part of. It makes me look good.
  • Ranger, Shayna, Siskel, Coe, and Peeper - The pets that live in our zoo (some call it a house too). They add so much to our lives, I can't imagine not having them to welcome us every time we come home. I also can't imagine not having to clean wads of pet fur from our floor every week, it just wouldn't be the same.
  • Our house - we love our house, we feel truly blessed to live in it. It is going to be great to start our family in it. Just not yet.

I wish a very happy, healthy, and safe New Year to all of my family and friends!

2 comments:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

WOW!!!! Mike--you are awesome. I can't wait until 2007. Thanks for the kind words. I know my mind being in the gutter was very heartfelt and loving :-)

Paco said...

Nice post Mike. Thanks for the mention. Happy New Yeart to you and Hava. I hope 2007 brings you much happiness!